Last updated: Aug-04-2009
Welcome to my personal homepage!
My name is Ron Bennett. I'm 37 and live in Wyomissing, PA.
What I'm doing now:
- President of Domagon, Inc.
- Operate various websites.
- Marketing and consulting.
- Enjoy long distance running such as to the Pagoda.
- Enjoy computers, particularily the internet.
- Enjoy reading, politics, philosophy, psychology, humanities, meditation, and other miscellaneous activities :)
Life is a journey, not a destination.
(a work in progress)
- Dec 1971: I was born in Easton, Pennsylvania and resided in Allentown in the Fountain House Apartments. I can remember quite well watching the Lehigh Valley Mall being built across the highway (Rt 22) in 1973.
- Dec 1976: My family moved to the nearby Lakes townhouse apartments.
- Aug 1978: We moved to Metuchen, NJ and rented in a really old house built during the Civil War. This was a nice little town with all the features of one.
- Nov 1978: Moved to Twin Rivers in NJ and my dad bought a townhouse. Twin Rivers is a huge self-contained planned community built in the 1960s with two schools (I attended Ethel McNight Elementary) and a shopping center and other commercial buildings. Unfortunately, the community began to show problems by the mid 70s but even in the late 70s was still functioning as intended. Last I visited, Twin Rivers was really showing its age with the houses looking shabby and much of its infrastructure in disrepair. The shopping center was virtually abandoned. The few original surviving stores as of the mid 90s were the Foodtown, Scotto's Pizza and the Chinese shop next door, the card shop (different name I think), and the small bar establishment. As far as location, it's good in that it's right off the NJ Turnpike - Exit 8 East Windsor.
- Dec 1981: Family moved to the Fox Woods townhouse development in the village of Paoli, PA (Easttown Township). I attended elementary school at Devon Elementary then later at T.E. Junior High.
- Mar 1986: My running career began in the spring of 1986 when I went out for track in 7th grade. I was immediately the fastest runner on the team and later became involved in road races and was from there on hooked on running.
- Sep 1986: My family moved from the Fox Wood townhouse development about a quarter mile to Paoli Woods townhouse development (Tredyffrin Township) into a similar, but nicer townhouse.
- Aug 1987: I began my high school running career at Conestoga high school and amazingly was the first person in my class to get a high school varsity letter.
- Aug 1988: Family again moved to Wyomissing, PA to the Wyomissing Meadows townhouse development. Wyomissing is a very nice community and was the first modern planned community layed out in the late 1890s, and was incorporated in 1906. I attended high school at Wyomissing Area. I ran cross country and was the fastest runner on the team to the surprise of my team and my coach for I didn't look like an athlete. One of my greatest accomplishments was earning a State Medal at the PIAA state meet in my senior year.
- Jun 1991: Graduated from Wyomissing Area High School.
- Aug 1992: Attended Albright College and ran Cross Country coached by Gene Shirk who was the oldest college coach in America and tragically died in a freak car accident (the cause was never determined) in 1994. Have many great memories of the team, the meets, and the of course Coach Shirk and assistant coach Don Gotshall - them two got along, but had very different personalities and views on coaching. My nickname was Ross and my teammates thought I looked kinda like Ross Perot for he was big news with his 1992 election campaign. I did well at Albright with all A's, but didn't want to go into Computer Science at the time; especially not at that expense even though I was receiving a partial scholarship.
- Sep 1993: Attended Reading Area Community College (RACC) and majored in nothing (undeclared). I just took some standard requirement courses and a lot of misc courses that had nothing to with computers. Around 1995, I finally decided on majoring CIS since it was now offered - used to be called Data Processing which I felt was a dead end. I took my time since I worked part time in retail selling computers, etc and wasn't in a rush to finish school.
- Jun 1998: Graduated from Reading Area Community College with an Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS).
- Aug 2000: Went back to school at Alvernia College to earn a Bachelor Degree in Computer Information Systems.
- May 2002: Graduated from Alvernia College with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS).
- May 2007: My Father, who I spent much time with, passed away May-4th 2007. He had just retired from the Boy Scouts a month before. He used to comment about people who died shortly after retiring; then he does himself - talk about irony! It's fine to look towards the future, but more important to enjoy the moment - fortunately, my Dad did and, overall, lived a good life.
- Currently: Working part time while developing some new on-line businesses.
More About Me
Send me a message!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or to better ensure your message will be read, please mail correspondence via post to:
PO BOX 6532
Wyomissing, PA 19610-0532
Page created by: email@example.com
Copyright 1996-2009 Ron Bennett. All Rights Reserved.